Peoples Republic of Julia

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Resuming Transmission

Sorry for the long bout of silence that's been going on around here. To be honest I just haven't been in the mood to blog. In case you are all wondering, I didn't get either of the jobs mentioned in my previous post. So for a couple of days I felt like one of those people from the chemistry.com commercials. With a big red REJECTED stamp on my forehead.

Of course I am over it now. No harm done save a bruising to my ego. I am considering calling the HR department for one of the sites I applied at, because I would really like to know why I wasn't selected. I felt that both of my interviews went rather well, and if I did or said something wrong then I'd like to correct it in future instances. Would that be rude? I've been trying to figure out what exactly to say, since they told me that my resume would stay on file for a year, and I don't want to ruin any chances of getting in at a later date. Suggestions?

On a sillier note, I had a total "this must be what it feels like to be homeless" moment in my apartment complex parking lot yesterday. While leaving to go for a walk, I noticed that there was what appeared to be a black hat lying in the parking lot. As I got closer, I realized it was a pair of underwear. Upon even closer inspection, I discovered that they were mine! I quickly scooped them up and took them inside, much to eddie's embarrassment. He pointed out to me that I had just picked up a pair of strange underwear from a parking lot in broad daylight where all of our neighbors could see. In actuality, I had a perfectly good explanation. The previous evening I had gone to the laundrymat, and apparently a pair of underwear had fallen out of my basket on the way inside. But being that none of my neighbors were privy to this information, they probably thought it was pretty gross. LoL.

Well, that's all I have for now. Check out this awesome youtube clip of a dog trying to eat the air coming out of a pressurized hose. It kills me!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger MissE said...

Colonel - there's absolutely nothing wrong with you calling up the HR department/person and asking about the reasons for the "failure" of your application. (Not that I mean to call you a failure, Col... you aren't - they are idiots for not employing you.)

Simply explain that you are inquiring out of a professional curiosity. You know, that you are looking to learn from the experience and would appreciate any help that they can provide.

What's the worst they can say? No? Coz, let's be serious here, if they won't help you out with such a simple request... is that really a company you want to be involved with?

3/13/2008 1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manager #1: "That Julia had a good resume. Let's hire her."

Manager #2: "Dude, I saw her pick some underpants up off the street."

Manager #1: "Who else do we have?"

3/13/2008 1:54 AM  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

maybe there were scads of qualified applicants and not being selected was no reflection on your qualifications.

i'd write a very short, neat note thanking selection committee for their time.

3/13/2008 11:33 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

That dog looks kind of creepy actually. Or maybe I'm just biased because I got lightly mauled by a dog once.

Mark - LOL, I've had similar coversations at work, although not about Julia.

3/17/2008 1:25 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Ahh...sorry to be so late in responding everyone! I've been super tired lately and just haven't been spending too much time on the interwebs!

Misse-Thanks for the advice and kind comments! Unfortunately I am a procrastinator and I think that the amount of time that has passed would lead to an awkward conversation.

Mark-LoL! That explains everything! I'm glad that my friends aren't so selective! :)

Billy-I think that you are right. I know I could do the job, I just don't feel that I sold myself hard enough. I'm not a good bullshitter. I like to say things how they are, and I think it bites me in the ass sometimes.

Winter-It's both freaky and awesome all at the same time.

3/21/2008 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

11/11/2008 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com