Peoples Republic of Julia

Saturday, November 10, 2007

TMI

So the other afternoon at work, a resident came into the office asking to use the phone. It was a pretty standard conversation involving the scheduling of doctors appointments, meds, yadda yadda yadda. Afterwards the resident asked me if a certain staff member had informed me of what had happened to her the night before. I said no, expecting her to expound on the minutiae of the previous day.

Resident: "Last night I started bleeding out of my butt!"

C.E: *almost chokes on water* "Jesus Christ!....Sorry. You caught me off guard there."

Resident: "It's okay. I'm just worried because I have to get a colonoscopy. They're going to have to stick a camera up my butt."

C.E: "Well.....Yeah.....That Sucks."
*Looks at computer. Hopes resident gets the hint that it's too early to be talking about what's coming out of who's ass right now*

Resident: "Okay, see you later. I'm gonna have a smoke."

I mean, what do you say to that? I can't say, "Oh it won't be that bad" because frankly, a stranger is going to be introducing some cold foreign object to your ass, and it's not going to be pleasant unless you like that sort of thing.

Seems that the mentally ill spend an inordinately large portion of time thinking about their asses and what comes out of them.

Just an observation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

1. I am an idiot because I was like, "Who is 'C.E.'?" And then I figured it out.

2. What is with people telling you about their ass-bleeding problems?

11/10/2007 2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. You really had to spread it around didn't you?

11/11/2007 3:12 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Winter-I do not know. I must have one of those faces that says "PLEASE! Tell me what has just come out of your ass!"

Mark-You're welcome. After all, misery loves company. :)

11/13/2007 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com