Peoples Republic of Julia

Thursday, December 13, 2007

An update; not really exciting.

****I bought my mom a coat for christmas the other day and I've noticed two things.

1)It has a weird chemical smell.
2)It's made in China.

Now considering these two things, would you still give the coat to your parental unit? Am I giving my mother a coat laden with lead for christmas?

****Eddie and I went to go see "The Golden Compass" Tuesday. Found it to be extremely entertaining, and especially liked the armored bears fighting each other. Go see it if you get a chance. Oh yeah, and Sam Elliot is in it too.

****Walmart is slowly killing me inside. I transport residents there to buy groceries, so I find myself going 5 days a week, sometimes up to three times a day. I seriously cannot take it anymore. It is driving me insane!

****I'm sure this has been around for awhile, but I watched it for the first time last weekend, and I can't get over how cool it is. Check it out:



Well that's all for now. Peace out!

8 Comments:

Blogger MissE said...

That was cool!
Thank you for sharing, Colonel.

Dunno about the coat... I"m assuming you don't want to give your mum a deadly dose of lead. Can you get it dry cleaned?

Planning to see "Compass" - plan to see a lot of movies these holidays.

Have a merry Christmas - hope Walmart doesn't kill you.. maybe try to imagine all the interesting ways that a Walmart store could be destroyed?

12/15/2007 8:21 AM  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

chinese coat - colonel eggroll

seems to be a connection.

have you considered colonel falafel?

12/16/2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Misse-Dry cleaning is a really good suggestion. I think I will try it.

Thanks, and happy holidays to you too! I usually just take a book with me and try to block out all the walmartness.

Billy-Glad to see you are still around here, and that you have not disappeared from the blogosphere!

Cool screen name by the way! :)

12/18/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You got your mom a car? That is truly generous. I hope you all have a fantastic christmas.

12/21/2007 3:52 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Steph-?? No just a coat, I wish I could afford to be that generous. :P

Thanks, hope you have a very merry christmas as well!

12/21/2007 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine making that mistake. "Hey, she got her mum a car. Oh, but it turns out that it smells really bad it comes from China. Yeah, she probably should just throw it away."

I think Steph just got busted skim-reading :)

12/21/2007 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*and

12/21/2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Mark-Lol. Yeah, I was going to comment on that but I figured I'd let it slide, it being the holiday season and all. :D

12/22/2007 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com