Peoples Republic of Julia

Monday, December 03, 2007

Have you ever been hanging out with friends drinking a few beers, when someone shares an intimate detail about themselves that just makes you want to cry?

I was with some coworkers a couple weeks ago, and we were talking about a wide variety of topics. Movies, music, religion, education, family, the supernatural, etc. etc. At some point in the evening, someone asked if we believed in magic. One person stated that they didn't believe anything was magic, while another said that everything is magic.

Then one of my coworkers said the following:

"When I was a little kid, I believed in magic. I don't anymore and it makes me sad because I feel like I've lost something special that I can't get back."

It was one of the most tragic statements I've ever heard anyone say.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger the rube said...

i believe in magic, flying saucers and pro rasslin.

reality lost its appeal long ago.

12/04/2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger MissE said...

Not a cry moment... at least not cry from sadness... more from sheer mental image agony.... when a drunk friend decided to share her personal "grooming" habits in relation to her lower regions (MissE is a prude, okay). She decided that we needed to know that she goes the "Telly Savales" down there.

There is not enough mental bleach in the world...

12/05/2007 8:17 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Rube-Awesome! I totally agree with you.

Misse-Ugg, gross. Unsolicited personal information of that nature is never something I'm interested in.

12/07/2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Also, yetis totally rule!

12/07/2007 12:34 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Rube, where did your page go? I was trying to find it, and it gave me an error message!!??!!

12/07/2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I believe!!! But not in that wanky type of Chris Angel shite.

12/08/2007 10:25 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

That's so sad.

I used to be fascinated by magic, but I think I knew it was a trick.

I dunno. I don't feel any loss of innocence for not believing nowdays.

12/09/2007 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

12/10/2007 8:43 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

steph-chris angel seems like a total douche. I'd much rather watch mind control. Now that guy is cool.

Phishez-Yeah, it was mostly sad because of the way she said it.

Mark-Well said. :)

12/13/2007 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com