Peoples Republic of Julia

Thursday, March 15, 2007

When I was a kid

Saw this on steph's blog and thought it was neat.


-My mom took me on the bumper cars and forgot to strap me in. When someone bumped us, I flew out of the car face first. I now have a scar on the left side of my nose by my nostril.

-I had a crush on Christopher Reeve. Correction: I had a crush on Superman.

-I performed “Can’t Touch This” in my elementary school talent show.

-I wanted to be a vet more than anything in the world.

-While flying a kite in the park, I ran face first into an evergreen tree. I got covered in sap and had a huge welt on my forehead. (Starting to see a pattern here?)

-I barfed on my second grade teacher because it was my first day at a new school and I was nervous.

-I wished I could have blonde hair and blue eyes, just so I would look like everyone else.

-I was short stop on my school’s tee ball team. When we graduated to softball, the pitcher busted my lip with the ball the first time I went up to bat. I promptly quit the team and was deathly afraid to play again until several years later.

-I would bite my classmates when they picked on me.

-I never got to go trick or treating because my mother wouldn’t allow it.



Also, winter and I have started a new blog on which to post our stories and other miscellaneous work. You can check it out here. I have posted a short story called "strangers".

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

I played softball for one year in third grade. One day we were practicing fielding, the coach would toss the ball up and hit it to us. Well I was standing on the pitchers mound and she line-drived me in the face.

3/15/2007 2:55 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

Gee, you hurt yourself a lot! I'm impressed ;)

3/15/2007 10:07 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Winter-What's with that? You'd think a coach would have pretty good aim. The bat is at least 8 inches away from your face, that's a pretty big margin for error. Maybe they just like to see people cry.

Steph-I didn't realize how much I hurt myself until I started making this list. I'm surprised I don't have more scars. It's pretty funny when people notice the one by my nose for the first time. I can tell that they notice, and they are trying to stare without seeming obvious about it. My favorite comment that I ever got was "Oh, I thought you just had some shit on your face."

Awesome.

3/18/2007 11:51 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I have several stories that include injuring myself. I even have one about running into a things face first. I really am a clumsy idoit.

3/19/2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/19/2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger Winter said...

Hey, anybody else notice that Steve spelled idiot wrong?

3/19/2007 11:54 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Steve-Oo-oo! Do share!

3/21/2007 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com