Peoples Republic of Julia

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A vignette from my life.

This entry will be a random cornucopia of things.

1)I bought the new Shins album. Looooove it! If anyone wants a listen come on over! Or I can rip you a copy. Or you can just ride in my car since it has been in heavy rotation ever since I got it. It also came with a very cool sticker. Neato!

2)I am super stoked to see the Prestige. Blockbuster sent me an email this morning that it is on its way. I really liked the Illusionist, and my friends have told me that the Prestige is like, infinity times better. I dig magic, so I'm excited. Not the cheesy my cane just turned into a bunch of cheap nylon cotton blend flowers, more like the stuff that David Blaine used to do. Also, two words as to why I will enjoy this movie. Christian Bale. Mmmm!

3)Went with my friend to a doctors appointment the other day, then to eat dinner, and pick up her prescription. Hilarity ensued.

When writing the prescription, the doc ominously told her that she needed to be near a toilet, or if possible, take it while on the toilet because she might not make it. So we dropped off the prescription and went to dinner, completely forgetting all about it. Afterwards, we returned to the pharmacy via the drive through. The pharmacist came back with a rather large package, roughly as big as an economy sized tampon box. It was wrapped in a plastic bag which I guess was for privacy, but the text on the side could clearly be seen. It said "Bowel Prep Kit". My poor friend was horribly embarrassed, and me, being the bad friend that I am began promptly laughing my ass off.

Me: "I feel like I know you so much better now. So glad I could share in this excruciatingly embarrassing moment with you."

Friend: "shut up, bitch!" *Blushes madly*

Me: "Hey! this comes in three delicious new flavors! cherry, lemon, and orange! I would pick the cherry personally. "

20 something Pharmacy guy: "So...Uh...do you have any questions about this?" *looks away uncomfortably*

Friend: "No!" *peels out*

Heeheehee. That story will get retold over an over again. Now, whenever she starts teasing me or being a smart ass, I'll be like "Bowel Prep Kit!" and she will be stunned into silence.

Ahh. The joys of friendship.

4)It was recently noted that the local billy bar whiskey dick's is now closed. The owner, in efforts to purge his bar of its previous unsavory reputation is moving to a new location on main street, which currently remains unnamed.

Some of my ideas for a new name:
Amaretto Titties
Captain Cameltoe
Tequila Testicles

Just a thought.

5) I put a bunch of new photos on flickr. If they seem really unorganized, it's because I can't figure out how to change the dates to put them in order. Mostly, I just don't feel like messing with it anymore. I've got some pictures of artwork I did in college, and animals at the wildlife rehabilitation center I volunteer at. I've put a link in my sidebar. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also got the Shins new one, but off itunes so there is no sticker :( So far I haven't listened to it much but it sounds pretty good. I'm wondering why they called that song 'Australia' tho?

The Prestige is okay; Scarlet J makes up for the lack of good dialogue.

2/21/2007 11:55 PM  
Blogger Winter said...

Three more words for why you might enjoy the Prestige: Hugh Jackman shirtless.

Oh, oh! Pick me, I want to listen to your new CD. ;)

2/22/2007 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for those of us who actually have to ride in your car, lets get something else into the cd rotation, hehehe..................

2/23/2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Mark-I was wondering that myself. While looking for lyrics, I found this link which was kind of interesting:

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858632001

The clerk at the video store told us that she liked the Illusionist because she felt it had a better plot. She said that the prestige was quote: "A couple of guys hating on each other in old times." Lol.

Winter-Agreed. If you want, I can bring said cd over and you can copy it into your music library. I also got their album Chutes too Narrow, if your interested.

Rev. H-No. =p

2/23/2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

"Winter" was that you getting the bowel prep kit? And by "Winter", I of course mean "Becky".

2/23/2007 5:55 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I take your friend was having a Colonoscopy? Not fun. I had that before i was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance.
Gah! Too much information.

2/24/2007 4:20 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

V.B-Awww! No. It was not her getting the prep kit. Though that would've been funny. Correction: it's funny as long as it's not happening to me.

Steph-Possibly. She says she thinks she may becoming lactose intolerant. I hope that never happens to me, because I am a cheese fiend. I would go crazy if I couldn't eat it anymore.

2/24/2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

No V.B., it wasn't me. I had my own medical drama this week, but thankfully nothing so mortifying.

2/24/2007 10:05 PM  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

Hmm, then obviously the recipient of said kit was none other than the good Reverend Hempshaw.

"Bowel prep kit" indeed. Was KY Jelly not covered by your PPO?

2/26/2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Sorry to dissapoint, but no.

And unfortunately my PPO does not cover lubricants.

2/27/2007 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com