Peoples Republic of Julia

Monday, February 05, 2007

Does this look normal to you?

:::While walking through the parking lot I heard this conversation:

man #1: Oh hey! What are you guys doing here?

man #2: Well, she's got a rash. (man #2 angles his head toward a young girl standing to his left) We took her to the doctor, so we're just here picking up her prescription.

How embarrassing. And on top of it all, dad was a loud talker.

:::You're all probably wondering about my last post. A friend of mine called me on Thursday:

friend: I was wondering if you could do me a favor. It's kind of weird though.

C.E: Oh it's cool. What do you need?

friend: Can you go to the store and see if you can find any massengil feminine wash? I used to be able to get it at the store there. None of the stores around here carry it, I've looked everywhere! If you find any, buy as many bottles as you can and I'll pay you back.

C.E: Dude, the cashier is totally going to think I have a problem down there.

Roaming the aisles of the store, I thought about how to handle the uncomfortable situation that loomed in my future. Should I be funny in an attempt to alleviate the awkwardness? Avoid eye contact and make a mad dash for the door, shamefully clutching my bag of feminine product? I didn't end up getting the opportunity to find out. Apparently the product I sought had been discontinued. My friend was greatly disappointed. Strangely, I was too.

:::For those interested, I have started a flickr account. So check it out if you'd like. There's not too much content on there right now, I'll try to post more at a later date.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

You should try riding the #20 bus through downtown Denver sometime. I was subjected to a 20 minute panel-discussion about bodylice one morning. Symptoms, cures, which homeless shelters have them, the works. I am now a certified bodylicologist.

Also there's this strange bum who always tries to give people cupcakes on the bus, and I have to keep reminding him that under NO circumstances would I ever accept cupcakes from a Mexican.

2/07/2007 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, pretty awesome belt there. Cause it' aint' just to hold up yer pants, y'know?

But seriously, could you have picked a more n00b-like Flickr username? Are you twelve?

2/08/2007 3:11 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

V.B-Sounds pretty awesome. Just like public transportation. I am eventually going to do a blog post about the perils of riding the university shuttle. Those fuckers are crazy!

You don't take cupcakes from strange homeless people? But they're free! I like a little dysentery to start my day! =)

Mark-Yeah, I know my user name makes me sound like a boob. But it's just easier for me if I use the same name for everything. I've been using it since high school, and I'm too set in my ways to change it. I'll probably start getting creepy guys coming to my profile. "25! What the hell! I thought she'd be 15 or something!"

2/08/2007 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see. I guess I was being a bit mean anyhow.

2/08/2007 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com