Peoples Republic of Julia

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jumping up and down, practically wetting myself with excitement.

We are going to the 2007 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival! Here's the lineup. It is going to be beyond awesome!! *energetic fist pump*

Today is Eddie's birthday, so I bought him one of those musical hallmark cards. It plays the star wars theme when you open it. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he does, he is gonna love it. Sometime this afternoon, I must buy some cake mix. One of the clients loves to cook, so I'm going to have her help me make it. Is that cheating? It will still be made with love, and just a sprinkle of crazy.

The other day while walking to work, I noticed a black lab mix running in the street darting between cars. His owner had been walking him in the park, and he had managed to get away. The poor guy was trying to catch him, but wasn't having much luck due to the icy sidewalks and a very apparent limp. After a couple minutes of cajoling, I got the dog to come to me and grabbed his collar. The guy was visibly shaken and on the verge of tears when he caught up to us. I felt for him. My dog used to run away every chance he got, and the only way I ever caught him was when he would inevitably stop to take a shit. Must have been all that freedom.

Helping that guy made my morning. It made me feel really good that I'd helped someone. But then it made me wonder: do we help people to be altruistic, or because it makes us feel better about ourselves?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger david santos said...

Hello!
This work is very good, thank you
have nice wkend

3/09/2007 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. Santos!

See Wolfmother if you get a chance. They are pretty damn awesome. Don't see John Butler Trio though - Australia apologises profusely for subjecting you to their awful music.

3/10/2007 10:54 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

wolfmother are awesome AND they're Aussies ;)

Good on you for helping the man with his dog. There is nothing wrong with helping people because it makes YOU feel good too. I see that as a win/win situation.

3/11/2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

The correct answer was to trip the man, thus causing him to fall and rendering him helpless, and then sell his traffic-ridden dog to a Chinese restaurant.

Then there's really nothing to wonder about.

3/13/2007 12:04 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Mark and Steph: I have heard a little wolfmother and liked it, so we will definitely be seeing them. Pretty excited about ween and the black keys as well.

V.B: You know, my mom told me once that in korea men eat dogs to make them virile. So if I did that, I'd be helping lots more than just one guy. Even better! You are such a helpful and giving person. ;)

3/13/2007 9:07 AM  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

Bonnaroo has quite the lineup this year. As tempted as I might be, I don't think I'd ever leave the comedy tent.

3/13/2007 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com