Peoples Republic of Julia

Saturday, January 20, 2007

A spectacle to behold

I finally got new glasses this week, after wearing the same pair for about five years. They are basically the same shape, but in a gun metal hue and not plastic. My attempts at looking more "grown up" I suppose.

Upon first wearing them, I noticed a strange occurrence. I felt smarter. Silly, but true. Funny how a few ounces of metal and glass made me feel instantly more intelligent. I guess this phenomenon is the underlying basis of all those style network makeover shows. Wear whatever makes you feel sexier, and your attitude will follow suit.

I am sad though, because while I've been told that these glasses make me look "older", and "more my age", I kind of miss the plastic ones. They just seemed to suit me more. I have a funny feeling that next year will find me returning to the Lisa Loeb look of old. Or perhaps I'll try a monocle, a la the always distinguished Mr. Peanut. But in the meantime, I guess I will just have to look like a librarian.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Have you ever thought about contact lenses?

1/25/2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

I actually have contacts too, but for some weird reason prefer glasses. Mostly because I work so early in the morning, and never get up early enough to put them in. Also, I am so used to it, I feel kind of naked without them.

1/26/2007 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com