Peoples Republic of Julia

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Oscar Party!

A had her annual oscar party this Sunday. Even though I had only seen 8 of the nominated films, it was still a lot of fun. Here are some pictures:


Dr. Zaius looking embarrassed in his hobo hat







The awesome cake I made nate







Sorry, no pictures of me because my hair seems to be trying to reach john mayer-like proportions.


A few gripes about the awards show:
What was with the dresses? Bows are never fashionable. They are ugly and stupid. Don't wear them. EVER.

Every other shot was of Jack Nicholson. If I never see his gross bald head again, it will be too soon. He looked like a cancer patient. I wish he would've done something funny, like pick his nose or something. That would've at least been entertaining.

Al Gore. As an environmentalist, I'm glad he's doing something for the movement, but shut the hell up. You are not the only person trying to make a difference. That "my fellow americans" joke ceased to be funny the first time you said it. Unless you are going to say "I'm being seer-ee-ous!" a la south park, I don't care.

On the other hand, I was glad to see Martin Scorsese finally get an oscar. Score!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

Hey, bows are fashionable if you're, like, four years old. Otherwise I agree

I also do not understand the awards show obsession with Jack Nicholson. It doesn't seem to matter if he's been nominated, been in anything that was nominated, slept with anyone who was nominated, or even done any movies in the last five years they just keep showing him.

2/28/2007 1:07 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

My mom used to make me wear huge bows that were half the size of my head when I was a kid. Blerg.

Ironically, I just looked up "bald jack nicholson" on google, and he is playing a cancer patient in his new movie. The sight of his doughy and blindingly bald cranium will be forever burned into my retinas.

The funny thing about the whole night was that we kept saying who we'd like to see fist fight each other. For example the girl from little miss sunshine vs. Dakota Fanning, Or Beyonce vs. Jennifer Hudson. Even better: Clint Eastwood vs. Peter O Toole.

Haha. Toole.

I'm immature.

2/28/2007 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I laughed at that Al Gore joke because I thought it was original. Oh well.

At least he's having an impact - climate change is a pretty big issue over here now, thanks partly to Al Gore. Of course now the people are saying 'go nuclear'. D'oh.

2/28/2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Yeah, I laughed too. It wasn't so much about the joke as it was that I was irritated with his extreme smarmyness. Everyone was kissing his ass like he's the first person to note that this is a problem. I have yet to see his documentary, so that may change my mind. It's in my blockbuster queue.

Go nuclear huh? As long as you don't have any homer simpson types working there, you'll be cool.

*cue nuclear winter* =P

3/01/2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

you shut up eggroll, al gore is emperor of the moon

3/01/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Winter said...

Yeah, don't make the ex-VP send his Environmental Action Rangers after you.

3/01/2007 3:45 PM  
Blogger Vyvyan Basterd said...

Not all missions can be solved with chess, Winter. Someday you'll understand that.

3/01/2007 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com