Peoples Republic of Julia

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thursday, I went to the dentist and got a tooth fragment removed.

It was not fun.

They did a local anesthetic and pulled it while I was awake.

He said he was just going to push my gums aside, and lift the tooth right out. Easy peasy right?

Oh I wish.

He had to drill the tooth, use a chisel to break it in half, then pulled it out with a pair of pliers. It.was.horrible. Nothing sounds scarier than hearing the sounds of your own tooth breaking.

Luckily I had lots of pain killers and ice cream to console me.

I'm feeling way better now and have gotten tons of sleep in the last couple of days which has been awesome.

In other news, the rats are doing great and we decided to name them Luna and Aiko. They are still kind of hyper because they're young, but they are gradually getting used to us and are in training to be snuggly shoulder rats. I think I am going to buy them a plastic ball to run around the house in and work off their excess energy.

Well, that's all I have for now. Have a great weekend everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i went to the dentist on thursday too and have a return engagement. 1 lousy filling but they booked me for an hour so i suspect they're not telling me everything, or they just want to up the price.

we a the plastic ball for the rats to run it. it was great watching them but they peed in it.

11/23/2008 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just gritted my teeth and breathed in in that way that indicates sympathy. I don't think there's a name for it...

11/28/2008 1:33 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Billy-yeah, the rats are super cute, but they love to pee everywhere but in their litter box. :(

And I would definitely be suspicious about the dentist. Sounds like they are up to no good!

Mark-I know exactly the face/sound you're talking about. Thanks! just glad it's over now.

12/05/2008 2:06 PM  
Blogger  said...

I read your Xmas Sucks posting and thought you'd dig this song
THE LITTLE BUMMER BOY
Listen and/or download for free

http://www.soundlift.com/band/music.php?song_id=82930

12/07/2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

merry bloody xmas

12/25/2008 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com