Peoples Republic of Julia

Monday, November 03, 2008

So the last couple weeks have found me ridiculously busy, and I am so glad that it's finally over. On Saturday, Eddie and I went with a couple of our friends to go see Joe Biden speak on campus. When we got there, we were asked if we'd like to sit in the bleachers behind him during his speech and we figured why not?

So yeah, I was totally on national television this weekend! Needless to say, I'm feeling very special and important right now.

Of course, all the footage I've managed to find has me perfectly cropped out. But it was alot of fun, and I actually got to stand within feet of the hopefully future vice president for a couple of minutes, so whatever. The people we were standing with were totally hilarious. Comments of "He breathed the same air as me!" and "I'm so aroused right now" followed his triumphant exit. LoL.

After the rally, we went to a clue mystery dinner party that my boss was throwing. We got to dress up in snazzy outfits, drink too much wine, and smoke too many cigarettes. Fun stuff.

Today I decided to go to the courthouse and vote early since tomorrow I'm working a double shift, and I didn't want to risk the chance of not getting to vote.

I waited for two and a half hours! About halfway through I realized that I'd left my id in my car, so I had to go get it. Luckily by that point, everyone was pretty familiar with who'd they'd been standing by, so no one gave me a hard time when I came back. I tell you what, doing your civic duty requires some serious sacrifice. Sacrifice that needed to be immediately rewarded with booze and food.

So now I'm just relaxing, recovering from waiting so long to vote. Next time I won't wait till the last minute!

4 Comments:

Blogger billy pilgrim said...

2 and a half hours in line!

you're a better man than i am, gunga din!

11/04/2008 10:44 AM  
Blogger TimT said...

I hope you wore the Sonny and Cher outfits while sitting behind Biden. That woulda been cool.

11/04/2008 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Mind you, I was looking at the voter initiatives (http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaustralia/uselectionpopups/electionReturns.html) and some of them are downright retarded. Arizona, California and Florida banned gay marriage, and Nebraska banned affirmative action :(

11/04/2008 11:32 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Billy-It was sooo worth it! I'm glad I did it now! :)

Timt-I wish I would of thought of that! That would've been cool indeed!

Mark-I am so happy! I'll admit, watching obama give his celebratory speech brought a tear to my eye. It's history in the making.

Voter initiatives are like that. Some of them are awesome and others make no sense at all.

11/05/2008 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com