Peoples Republic of Julia

Friday, June 13, 2008

The cat's in the cradle. Operation mail father's day cards is officially a success!

::::I am a total slacker when it comes to sending cards on time by mail. If you get your card a day after it's due, you should consider yourself lucky! Hopefully my dad gets his card tomorrow and not on Monday. oops! :S

::::I was at the library yesterday when I saw a poster for bowling green's upcoming terquasquicentennial celebration. Who has ever heard of such a term? I mean centennial, bicentennial, these are familiar, but this I had never heard of. A quick perusal of wikipedia enlightened me. I'm just going to start making up my own terminology for different anniversaries. Tonight, I plan on having a Bananasplitennial celebration at the local Dairy Queen to celebrate the invention of the banana split by Dr. Stephen Split M.D. in the year 1985.

::::Eddie and I rode our bikes to a friend's house yesterday, and I decided to wear a dress. I know, I know. Not the smartest idea right? To prevent any unplanned "flashing" of passersby, I wore a pair of gym shorts underneath. They weren't bulky or anything, so no one could tell, but Eddie gave me the hardest time about it. I thought it was ingenius, because I wouldn't have to constantly worry about it. Plus I tend to sit like a guy, and probably would've flashed my underwear at some point. Am I alone in thinking this is a great idea? Surely other women have done this other than me!

::::There's a new samsung phone called the glyde. Are we so hard up for cell phone model names that we now have to name and spell them like a lubricant?

Well, that's all I've got for now. Have a great weekend everybody!

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Ohh a skirt on a bike. How lovely to feel the wind up your bits lol. Ditch the bike shorts next time. BE FREE!!

6/15/2008 12:09 AM  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

a skirt on a bike sounds fashionably retro. a good wind and you could be just like marylin monroe.

6/15/2008 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See the Wikipedia entry on 'banana split.' It's a lot older than you might think, and its origins are somewhat contested :)

6/17/2008 3:29 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Steph-LoL! That's what eddie kept telling me. Maybe I will next time, it would be alot cooler!

Billy-That's true. However in my attempts to look "fashionably retro", I would probably end up falling on my ass! :D

Mark-I just looked it up! I didn't realize that the banana split had such a rich history. Btw, I'm totally going to say that ohio is the home of the banana split.

6/17/2008 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com