Peoples Republic of Julia

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I bought the coolest dinosaur hats at a halloween store today! Check them out:



I just can't get over how awesome they are! :D

Tommorrow afternoon Eddie and I are participating in the 2007 Out of the Darkness Community Walk. It's my first year doing the walk, and I am excited to be a part of it. I am walking to honor the memory of a client that committed suicide a couple of years ago. It was someone that I had worked with for awhile and was totally unexpected. Hopefully programs like this will help raise awareness and reduce the stigma surrounding suicide.

3 Comments:

Blogger MissE said...

Okay so...
1.) Dinosaur hats - totally cool! Particularly the apple green one.

2.) A walk to raise awareness and so forth on suicide - also very cool, in a socially important sort of a way.

3.) Losing a friend to suicide - obviously not at all cool and am sending a big cyber hug to you.

Of all the ways students from my school (both past and current) have died in the last nine years and there have, unfortunately, been a few, I am thankful that none have been through suicide.

Hope the walk went well.

10/08/2007 5:59 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Misse-The walk was good, although the weather was ridiculously hot and humid for this time of year. My only complaint was that there was not enough water at the rest stops. Normally this would not be an issue in October, but the weather is screwy and temps were extremely high.

I love the dinosaur hats! They are actually kids hats, but I saw them and absolutely had to have one.

Thanks for the cyber hug, you are awesome! :)

10/08/2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Sorry to hear about your friend but good idea going on the walk.

10/12/2007 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com