Peoples Republic of Julia

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Things that are amusing me this week....

::::I just spelled Bivouac on a Scrabulous game, and can't help but feel a *small* twinge of smugness. Take that bitches! mwahaha! :P

::::Check out what I just got in the mail the other day! Isn't it awesome? I can't wait to eat a huge slab of meat off of it!

::::Exclamation Points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::::Temperatures have finally normalized a bit, so it's officially scarf weather! This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Nothings nicer than taking a crisp walk through the autumn leaves followed by a warm raspberry hot chocolate at Grounds For Thought. *sigh*

::::The word Ungulate.

::::"High and Dry" by Radiohead, "Fired" and "Rockin The Suburbs" by Ben Folds.

::::I know that Halloween was a week ago, but I finally got around to taking pictures of Eddie's shield which I painted a design on for his costume. I got flack for wearing the same thing as last year, but I put in my time to help Eddie with his, and am quite proud of the results. One of my coworkers even asked me to draw them one so they can hang it up in their house. :)




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, Julia! I'm not sure they had vampires in ancient greece, but if they did they would certainly have put them all over their shields.

I know it's just a colour balance problem, but the gold one looks nicer, doesn't it? :|

11/07/2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

You're easily amused. I like that.

11/08/2007 4:07 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

I know I saw the shield in progress, but I'm totally in love with the finished design. You rock!

Also, weather change: super awesome!

11/09/2007 1:30 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Mark-Thanks! It's actually supposed to be a stylized medusa head, but I think the teeth threw everyone off.

I agree with you. The gold looking one does look better. I just took a bunch of pictures with different settings to see how they'd turn out.

Steph- :)

Winter-Thanks! Your enthusiasm is much appreciated! :D

Yes the weather is great, my only complaint is the whole getting dark at 5pm thing. Sucks because I get off work, shower, and it's already dark! :(

Btw I have your cooking pan. I bow before your awesome lasagna making skillz.

11/10/2007 12:05 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

Cool, I'll have to get that back from you soon. Glad you liked the lasagne. Recognition of the skillz is much appreciated, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

11/10/2007 2:19 AM  
Blogger phishez said...

Ungulates are cool.

I'm so addicted to Scrabulous. And I'm highly competetive too.

Highly competitive.

11/11/2007 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com