Peoples Republic of Julia

Monday, October 01, 2007

Ahhh! The internet is slowly eating me alive.

::::Between facebook, myspace, the blogosphere, and wikipedia I've been doing a lot of sitting on my ass lately. I seriously have spent probably three hours on the web today. Ghastly. I feel like I need to be doing something a little more constructive with my time. So I've decided that I will be trying to learn some new skills like juggling, card tricks, or maybe even pick up my long abandoned guitar. My problem is that I start a million projects, but never finish a single one. I lose my zeal. An unfortunate character flaw I guess. Without deadlines or expectations, things just kind of fall by the wayside. I should work on that. Maybe tomorrow....

::::Why is it that childhood memories of certain things seem so incredibly awesome, then end up being totally lame when revisited as an adult? Is it that you have more life experiences to compare it to? Or do we just become old and jaded? Everything's smaller, dirtier, lackluster.

Before it was magical, now it just seems tired and forced. :(

::::You know what I hate? Girl mind games. One of my friends is being a total lame-o and being extremely passive aggressive instead of just saying what she means/what she wants. I am not a mind reader. You can drop all the hints you want, but unless you have the balls to just tell me to my face, I'm just going to go ahead and do what I want. If you aren't willing to be honest, then I am going to make you tell me. I will not pander to your bullshit and play along with your stupid little games. You are not subtle. You think you have me fooled, but truth be told, I would rather just let you believe that than point it out and have you lie about it instead.

Grrrr.

::::During my three hours on the internet today I drew this for Mark, and I'm pretty proud of it so now you get to see it too.

6 Comments:

Blogger MissE said...

Nice crab.... hmmm, that sounds wrong, right?

And I know what you mean about the girl mind games shit... must be going around.

10/02/2007 2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The awesomeness of that picture cannot be overstated. Um, sorry about my reply.

Yes, Facebook does seems to suck up huge amounts of time. Especially when you're as pedantic about your scrabble moves as I am.

10/03/2007 12:07 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

I despise passive aggressive fucksticks. There is nothing worse!
Set the crab onto her.

10/03/2007 5:35 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Misse-Lol! Thanks.

I was never one to get into that sort of thing. Just say what it is you want! Don't make me have to figure it out.

Mark-Glad you liked it. A crab is pretty random I know, but it's what came to mind at the time.

We shall have to play scrabble sometime. :)

Steph-If only I had a crab army under my command. Then I surely would.

10/05/2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger phishez said...

Mark has cute crabs.

Childhood games, like jumping in puddles, flying kites and rolling down hills? They seem lame because we have much better games now. Mainly sex oriented.

10/06/2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Phishez- :) Yes, there are definitely better ways to spend time than being an inconsiderate jackhole.

10/08/2007 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com