Peoples Republic of Julia

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I love early morning walks. Everything is quiet, the sun is warm on your face, and you can just enjoy the crisp air and the beauty of nature surrounding you.

Until about 10 am. Then all the bros come out to get their drink on and enjoy long afternoons filled with cornhole and back to back guitar hero tournaments.

I purchased some new songs from itunes, so I am currently enjoying this playlist during my early morning/late evening walks. Some of it's a bit nostalgic, but that's what I like about it.

Spoon-Underdog
The Kooks-She moves in her own way
The Kooks-Naive
Billy Bragg and Wilco-California Stars
Wilco-Sky Blue Sky
Au Revoir Simone-Sad Song
Au Revoir Simone-Through the Backyards

Eddie and I went to see the Andy Warhol exhibit at the museum. It was pretty cool. A friend of mine commented that she found it strange that pictures of everyday household items are considered art. Personally, I like the idea of seeing art in the ordinary.

"What's great about this country is that America started the tradition where the richest consumers buy essentially the same things as the poorest. You can be watching TV and see Coca Cola, and you know that the President drinks Coca Cola, Liz Taylor drinks Coca Cola, and just think, you can drink Coca Cola, too. A coke is a coke and no amount of money can get you a better coke than the one the bum on the corner is drinking. All the cokes are the same and all the cokes are good. Liz Taylor knows it, the President knows it, the bum knows it, and you know it."

– The Philosophy of Andy Warhol: (From A to B and Back Again), 1975

2 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I wonder why Coke have never used that in an ad campaign??

9/16/2007 7:22 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

I know! It's a pretty convincing argument, I wanted to go buy some after reading it.

9/18/2007 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com