Peoples Republic of Julia

Friday, September 07, 2007

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddling masses yearning to be free, and I will give them skinny jeans, because they're freaking starving!

::::I wish there was one of these at my local library:



::::Today I went to Walmart after a light rain, and when I got outside it smelled like a foot! Gotta love the smell of commerce, armpits, and warm asphalt in the afternoon. Mmm-mmm-good!

::::Why oh why do guys insist on wearing skinny jeans? Why does anyone? It makes people look like they have chicken legs. Every once in awhile I'll see someone wearing an outfit with skinny jeans that is cute, but I don't really dig the kate moss look.


Look ma! I gots stick legs!

::::Last night winter and I went to see our friend's band play at howards, and the guys that played afterward were pretty good, despite their apparent love of the skinny jean. Their other love? The shaglet. (Shag+mullet) Add a generous helping of mutton chop sideburns, don't wash for about 3 days, and you're all set!

Don't get me wrong, I love shaggy hair on guys. But I prefer the "I just rolled out of bed, but it actually took me 20 minutes to make it look this way" style. You can still rock the messy hair, but look groomed all at the same time! (a novel concept, I know.)

I noted that most of the audience was cromprised of emo/hipster fanboys, and winter and I were some of the few in attendance to be the proud owners of a vagina. The kicker? Super drunk guy in the front who obviously needed to be cut off, but thanks to his dickhead friends was busy double fisting beers and making a complete ass of himself. He stopped a moment, puked on the floor, and began dancing like a madman without even breaking stride. Pure class.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

I loved the Conan the Librarian video!

You neglected our in depth discussion of how the male ass is not flattered by skinny jeans, and the male ass in general. ;)

With the possible exception of the bartender, I was also the only unmarried chick in the bar. I was half expecting those beered-up fan boys to start making out with each other or the band at any second, there was so much hipster love going on. And I don't know what kind of dance that guy was going for. The bent leg walking in circles with occasional kicking, beer spilling everwyere? It was freakin' hilarious.

9/08/2007 2:29 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Haaaaaaahaha that was funny. Skinny jeans look crap on everyone, if you're skinny they make you look anorexic, if your normal sized they make you look fat and if you're fat they make you look like stuffed sausage.

9/08/2007 6:41 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

The Conan clip was funny, I like to see people cut in half sometimes.

Skinny jeans are just scarry. I learned at 14 that a wider striaght leg is the only way to go with jeans. I don't need anything else to make my body look weird.

9/08/2007 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that this is an unpopular POV, but I think the minority of people who can wear spray-on jeans well make the whole fashion worthwhile. I'm talking about girls with sweet hips. ie. there's a middle point between the anorexic look and gratuitous muffin-top that totally justifies all the pants-crime in the world.

PS: Can someone tell me what 'double fisting beers' is? 0_o

9/09/2007 4:55 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Winter-If I would've had a piece of paper, I surely would have drawn my man ass diagram for you.

Steph-Yeah there doesn't seem to be any kind of middle ground there at all. It all just sucks.

Steve-Glad you liked the clip! I am convinced that the man in it is bruce campbell, but the comments section said otherwise. You have good taste in clothes, so whatever you're doing, keep it up! :)

Mark-More power to those who can rock the skinny jeans look! Unfortunately the majority of people who wear it look really bad but seem to think they look totally sweet.

"Double fisting beers"=a beer in each hand, ie partying like a rockstar!

Surely this will be something you'll be doing while visiting the fair city of bg, no? ;)

9/10/2007 10:02 PM  
Blogger Winter said...

Hey, speaking of double fisting beers in bg, we should all go to eighties night at Uptown when we get back into town Monday night. That's always fun, and there's always a chance of me dancing ('cuz it's 80's music!) and making a fool of myself.

9/11/2007 2:41 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/11/2007 2:41 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

I gots no rhythm so there will be no dancing for me! However Monday is $1 mixed drink night, so I can drink amaretto sours to my heart's content. Hurrah!

9/13/2007 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey can I double-fist some amaretto sours? For four bucks, that will be some pretty mad partying.

PS: Andy Warhol was a pretty smart guy. No wonder he's so famous.

9/16/2007 6:46 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Hell yeah! It will be great! :)

Yeah, Andy Warhol was pretty cool. His quotes are very thought provoking.

9/18/2007 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you workout, tight pants look good.
anyway, what do you think you like when nude? and the superbaggy thing is old.

8/28/2010 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com