Peoples Republic of Julia

Friday, August 03, 2007

Mark's talk of people wearing promotional costumes for work made me think of an old post that I've decided to repost here.

So here it is, coming to you from March 19th, 2006:

Celebrating the man in a cow suit...

Yesterday while driving to the grocery store, Eddie and I spotted a guy wearing a cow suit in front of Squeakers Vegetarian Cafe. Next to him was a sign proclaiming the event to be "The Great Meat Off". Excited at the sight of someone wearing a bovine costume in the middle of the day, we promptly rolled down our windows and gave him a vigorous thumbs up while waiting at the traffic light.

Encouraged by our behavior, he began to articulate on the healthfulness of green tea: "You see I am a cow, and that is why I am drinking this green tea with lemongrass in it. It is much healthier for you than milk."

Later in the evening, we told one of our friends about the guy in the suit. He responded with the following: "I don't know why you guys were cheering him on. You two are some milk drinking, meat eating motherfuckers."

This is true. Honestly, we were just so delighted to see a guy in a cow suit. People should do it more often. Yay for cow suits!



Get your cow on!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milk is awesome and beef is the foundation of western society. Screw 'em.

But yeah, gotta love the animal costumes. I wonder if it's a profession dominated by furverts? They wouldn't even have to take off the suit when they got home.

8/04/2007 1:39 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

That's how I feel about it! I couldn't live without meatloaf, bacon, and beef stir fry.

Furverts are creepy! I bet their costumes are all smelly and sweaty. *shivers*

8/05/2007 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com