Peoples Republic of Julia

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Quick Update

The interpol show was everything I ever hoped it would be!

More later when I get home!

*******************************************

It's about midnight, so I'll make this short since I have to get up for work in the morning. The venue was outdoors, which was awesome because the weather was perfect. The crowd was really mellow and relaxed. The opening act Calla was pretty good, and Interpol was phenomenal. The sound was great and they had some really cool light effects/video clips all dispersed over six square screens placed in various locations on the stage. It couldn't have gone more perfectly. After the show was over, they played a three song encore. I would definitely go see them again if I got the chance! All in all, the best concert experience I have ever had.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Best concert experience ever? Wow that's a big call. I don't think I've ever said that about any show.

7/27/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

When compared to all of my other concert going experiences, yes, this one was definitely the best so far. I just hate when you go to a show and everyone is pushy and an asshole. The crowd was really mellow, which is a definite change from all the other concerts I've gone to. My friend says it's because most in attendance were hipsters. Lol.

7/27/2007 11:53 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

Whaaat? You mean you didn't have to dodge sweaty guys being thrown on to the crowd by a bunch of douchebags? How can you call that a concert?

Just kidding. Glad to hear that you guys had a good time. :)

7/27/2007 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like a good mosh, but there are times when I've been too worried about being trampled to listen to the music - Iggy and the Stooges being the most memorable occasion. So I can definitely see the upside of wussy hipster rock crowds.

PS: can you get Becky to update? It's boring.

7/28/2007 4:12 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Winter-I know! Sure there were douchebags, but they weren't the violent kind. A definite plus.

Mark-I have made helpful yet harrassing comments about the lack of updatage to no avail.

I was never the moshing kind. I guess I'm just too dainty for it. :P

(I really just wanted to use the word dainty because I think it's funny.)

7/30/2007 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com