Peoples Republic of Julia

Thursday, July 19, 2007

5 interview questions

Thanks to Winter for providing the questions!

1. This one’s a two parter:
A. If you could repeal one law currently in existence, what would it be?

The The Patriot Act, because it's smelly.

B. If you could create one law, what would it be?
I'm going to sound like a total fascist here, but I think that people should have to pass a test in order to be allowed to reproduce. Too many dumbasses are having litters of kids while all the smart people are having one, maybe two kids. Watch Idiocracy and you'll see what I mean. I also think that people should have to take parenting classes, since they seem to think that it's the job of teachers, babysitters, T.V and pretty much everyone else except them.

2. Money is no object; describe some standout features of your dream home.
Definitely a huge art studio. My own darkroom, and a space where I could blow glass would be absolute nirvana! I’d love to have a moon garden and a butterfly garden, with some nice water features. And one of those huge libraries like in the movies--the kind with the rolling ladders and a huge fireplace? That would be awesome.

3. If you could have any magic/psychic/super power what would it be?
Flying. Although it would have to be accompanied by invulnerability, so I wouldn’t suffocate/get burned to shit once I got too high up. It would be very freeing because I’d be able to do all sorts of things without having to worry about getting hurt.

4. Tell me about one of your favorite vacations or trips.
It would have to be the trip Eddie and I took to Pennsylvania for our honeymoon. We got to go white water rafting on the Yougheny River and went to see Fallingwater, which was gorgeous. We also played putt putt on an indoor course that looked like the inside of a cave! How often do you get to do that? :)

5. Name the actor you think most overrated and one who is underrated.
Overrated:
Will Smith. Oh hey look! It’s will smith fighting aliens, or will smith fighting robots! How about will smith busting criminals? I’m not saying I don’t like his movies/think he’s funny, I just feel like he’s playing the same character in every single movie. I hear that he is playing the lead role in the upcoming I Am Legend movie, which makes me slightly skeptical. However, I am willing to give it a fair shot. Hopefully it will not be a dissapointment.

Underrated:
Christian Bale, Edward Norton, and Hugh Jackman. All fabulous actors who have done a wide variety of roles. Did anyone see The Machinist? Christian Bale was practically the size of Nicole Richie in that movie. His level of dedication to each of his roles is amazing, and I really love how he brings each character to life. As for Edward Norton, I think his role in American History X speaks for itself. I recently watched The Fountain, and was extremely impressed with Hugh Jackman's performance, he was fantastic.

Do YOU want to be interviewed?
Interview rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew, Will Smith. The Fresh Prince never really elevated himself, did he?

I like the idea of parenting classes. Breeders get plenty of handouts, so we should at least make sure they're doing a good job.

7/20/2007 12:21 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

Great answers! :)

I agree with you on all your answers to #5!

7/20/2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Mark-I've also had the thought that Will Smith may just be the smartest man alive, since he gets paid tons of money to act like himself in all sorts of cool/fubar situations.

Not sure if parenting classes would make much difference, but I think every little bit helps.

Winter-So did you get to watch "The Fountain"? What did you think of it? Just curious.

7/21/2007 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com