Peoples Republic of Julia

Monday, July 09, 2007

Eddie and I went and saw "Sicko" last night with our neighbors.

I cannot stress how disturbing this movie was. It really is disgusting how low insurance companies will stoop to make a buck. I've always thought this of course, but to see it all smashed into a 2 hour long movie, I'll be honest, there were parts that made me cry. I'm not a huge Michael Moore fan (frankly, I find him a bit annoying) but I really think that this is his best film to date. If you get a chance, you should definitely see it. Like, right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

The bits you've told me about remind me of when I needed to go to the doctor a couple months ago and didn't have any insurance. It sucked hardcore.

7/10/2007 6:27 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

I didn't have health insurance for a long time after my dad's stopped covering me. It never occurred to me how royally fucked I would've been if I had ever gotten sick or injured.

7/11/2007 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com