Peoples Republic of Julia

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I wonder where he is now?

It was oppressively hot yesterday, and it reminded me of something a former coworker once said*:

(spoken in a serious demeanor with waterboy undertones) "It's very monkey outside."

"Dude, did you just say it's very monkey outside??!!??"

"eh,eh...." shifts uncomfortably back and forth. "No, I said it's very muggy outside."

"You totally said monkey!" coworker runs off. "Barr harr harr!"

Sometime after he quit, someone at work said that they'd heard that waterboy had died. Several months later he came through the drive thru.

"Dude! I totally thought you were dead!"

"Eh...no. I work at such and such factory."

"Do you remember that time you said it was monkey outside?"

Waterboy sped off and was never seen again.

*This happened a long time ago. Events may not have transpired exactly as written, but you get the general idea.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I am now seriously considering greeting anyone I haven't seen in awhile with, "I thought you were dead!?!?".

8/01/2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Winter said...

I walked up to Val today at work and said, "Hey, It'sh kinda monkey outshide". Instant laughter.

8/01/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I think it's a good description. When it's hot and smelly = Monkey. love it. Gonna use it ;)

8/01/2007 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a seriously mean person! Don't tease the waterboy!

Way to coin a phrase tho.

8/02/2007 7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, it's me.

8/02/2007 7:00 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Steve-Lol! That's a great idea.

Winter-Yeah, eddie and I were sitting in the car the other day and he randomly said it and I just burst into laughter.

Steph-Sweet!

Mark-Mean yes, but also AwEsoMe! ;)

8/02/2007 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com