Peoples Republic of Julia

Friday, December 15, 2006

A dick move.

I'm starting to think I live in a bad neighborhood.

At about 3:30 this morning, someone started a fire in the hallway of our apartment. A couple of newspapers were lying on a shelf/table attached to the wall by the now lonely dryer, and some asshole lit it on fire last night. We found ourselves being awakened to the sounds of sirens and the smell of burning. You know that moment when your like hmm...there's a fire. *sniff, sniff* Holy shit! It's in my apartment building! Yeah, that's what it was like.

Luckily the fire was put out pretty quickly, but it could have easily been a very bad situation. An investigation team was there for almost three hours, and at 6am they knocked on our door to get a statement. The head investigator advised us to complain to the landlord about the lack of fire alarms in the hallway. We are pretty irritated as we both had to be at work at 8 am today, and barely got any sleep.

Thievery and Arson. I wonder what's on the menu for tonight?

7 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

Now that I think about it, my first apartment in BG was about a block from where you live now, and that was the place that had the car fire and the dumpster fire. Maybe that block is a bad neighbourhood.

12/15/2006 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus. You've been teabagged again.

Wait, I think I used that word wrong... ;)

12/16/2006 2:19 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Winter-until this week it had been pretty quiet around here, but maybe. Or it could just be drunk college students/white trash urchins looking for something to do.

Mark-if newspapers were testicles and my apartment building were tea, then yeah. =P

12/16/2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Winter said...

Colonel, I belive that your analogy is making this make less sense....

12/16/2006 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, who would stick their nads into a cup of tea? (Does it have healing powers?)

12/17/2006 2:37 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Okay, I'll give you that. I should've said forehead or chin. That would've made more sense/been a lot funnier. I thought of that after I posted, but didn't get a chance to fix it, as my computer was slow as hell and I was out of town most of the weekend.

So I spent most of Sunday thinking about testicles. Actually eddie and I had this interesting conversation about it because of the post. He said "Did you know that scrotum skin feels just like elbow skin?" And I just laughed.

Maybe if someone stuck their scrote in a cup of green tea, it would revitalize it....

12/18/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

The worst/best/oddest/funniest part is I can easily imagine that conversation happening.

12/18/2006 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com