Peoples Republic of Julia

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Internet fighting is FUN!!

Apparently according to some, I am a Bitch. With a capital B.

A couple of months ago, someone that I was formerly friends with in high school tried to contact me via my space. I’ll call this person Jane.

Jane and I met in junior high. I befriended her out of pity, which was a big mistake, and one that has taken many years to rectify. During our high school years, Jane took it upon herself to act as my shrink. She was constantly telling me how screwed up I was, and how she was just trying to help me. Personally, I think she had a girl crush on me. She was extremely jealous of my other friends and often referred to our friendship as a “relationship”. Constantly picking fights with me, she was always trying to make me look bad so she would look/feel better about herself.

Ever have one of those kinds of friends? They suck balls.

Anyways, after I moved away to go to college, my contact with her began to dwindle. I hung out with her a few times, but they proved to be affairs that I didn’t care to repeat. Eventually, I cut off contact completely. No explanation, I just didn’t talk to her again. She sent me a couple of letters, but I never responded. Now I realize that I probably should have let her know what was going on and just been honest about my distaste for her. But every time I ever tried to end the friendship, it always concluded with her crying and begging me to remain friends with her. This happened several times in high school, and I just didn’t want to deal with the guilt trips and the goading.

Fast forward about four years. Jane sees my profile on my space, and sends me a message, via her husband’s account. It basically says “hey it’s been awhile, here’s what’s going on with me, I’m not sure if you want to talk to me, if you do, message me here.” I interpret this as meaning if you want to talk to me send me a message, if you don’t then don’t.

Apparently, this is not what that meant. While she indicated to me that it didn’t really matter, it obviously did. I was expected to respond whether I wanted to talk to her or not. A couple of days later, she sent me another message. She had created her own account and wanted me to message her there. Also, she wanted to know if I had gotten the last message. I chose to ignore this message as well.

A few months went by. I found out that my friend was dying of cancer. This friend was someone that had also formerly been “friends” (and I use the term loosely) with Jane. After her death, Jane’s husband sent me another message. It basically said that he thought I should know about what had happened, and that Jane really wanted to be friends with me again. In closing, he basically used my friend’s death as a reason for me to renew contact with her stating: “She would want you to at least talk to her.” Pretty fucked in my opinion. I mulled it over for a couple of days, trying to decide what I wanted to write back and if it was worth it when three days later, he sent me a new message, this one much more hostile than the first.

All i havet to say is u are fucked up really you are.Im nice enought to let you know about (*******) and stuff,not to mention thtat (Jane) misses u as a friend and shit.But she told me when i wrote the last message to you was that if she didnt reply then she wasnt a friend in the first place.Beyond all that If you dont want to talk to me or her then just let me know alright and we will leave u alone. I just dont know why u get off being a bitch to your"best friend" in highschool.Well im not gonna waste anymore time here im just gonna let you go if u care at all then write me back and let me know!whether u want to or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I decided to write back.

Okay. First of all, you think you know what is going on here, but you don't. All you know is what you've heard which is very one sided. I did know about (*******), because I have always been close to her family. She actually WAS like a sister to me. I knew about it back in March when she was first diagnosed. I visited her in the hospital, I saw her the day before she died. So thanks for your concern, but I already knew. I think it's pretty low of you to try and use her death as a reason for me to renew contact.

Second of all, I didn't stop talking to (Jane) because of (*******). It had nothing to do with all the bullshit going on between them. I stopped talking to (Jane) because she was always treating me like shit and lying to me. My "best friend" in high school? Please. I'm sorry, but I have better things to do with my time than have friends like that. I don't need it, I don't want it. I am not the same person she used to know, so stop trying to guilt trip me into talking to her again. It is not going to work. I do not bear any bad feelings toward her, I just do not have any interest in maintaining a friendship of any form with her.

In closing, I think that you are very rude to pester me with your emails. If I wanted to talk to you I would. Obviously it needs to be spelled out to you. So here it is: Fuck Off.

That is all.


Jane then decided to take the high road and send me a message back basically saying that she slept with my ex after we’d broken up and all the things he’d allegedly said about me. Pretty classy huh? It’s really quite sad that she felt she had to stoop to that level to hurt my feelings. Honestly, it was five years ago, and I don’t even care. I’ve also received another message from her husband this morning basically saying that I’m a bitch and that I’ll want to be friends with her again someday and she'll tell me to shove it up my ass. Fat chance. But hey, whatever. They'd know better than me right? Four years hasn't changed my mind but apparently they think that the passing of time will somehow change that.

So….that’s what’s been going on with me over the last couple of days. Being harassed by mongoloids via the internet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

Fuck those mongoloids and their run-on sentences!

Just reading that crap has made me stupider. For anyone who is curious to read the rest of the actual messages, be glad she spared you the horrible, mind-destroying, trailer trash, Cthulu-esque agony.

These fetid idiots make me so mad I can't even think of good curses to fling their way.

11/01/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Wow, Way to go!!! I am glad you to see you stick up for yourself. All hail the colonel.

11/01/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Thank You. Your encouragement is much appreciated.

*in cartman voice* I love you guys!

11/02/2006 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com