Peoples Republic of Julia

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cars Go Smash

When you ram them into each other that is.

So a quick rundown of my weekend:

-Friday was my friend’s birthday, so I spent the weekend in Cleveland. We ate dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant then went out to a couple bars. When we came back, we drank alcohol out of teacups, complete with saucers and brownies.

-Saturday, I woke up to find myself suffering from the worst hangover I have ever had. Usually I wake up with a mild headache, and a slightly queasy stomach. This time I was incapacitated all day. At 2 pm we went to Ihop to get breakfast, and eating my Belgian waffle was a feat of tremendous difficulty. Also, we got the most horrible service ever. Everything was burnt, and all of the staff looked like they belonged in a circus. It seemed that everyone working in the kitchen that day was a loud talker. Our waitress was new and I felt bad for her because when she asked us how everything was, we just looked at her in silence. We still gave her a good tip though.

I didn’t feel normal again until about 10 pm that evening.

-Sunday, I went to work and got in a car accident with one of our agency vehicles. I was backing out of the driveway, and a girl parked in a parking lot across the street happened to back out at exactly the same time. As soon as I got out of the car, I said, “I am so sorry!” (Because even if something isn’t completely my fault, I automatically apologize for it.) She says, “Didn’t you see me?” It was obvious that she felt that it was completely my fault.

So the cop shows up, he takes our information, and asks us what happened. She basically tells him that I backed into her, and that she is blameless. Bitch. It’s not like I backed into her parked car. After all, she did half the work. I can see why she’s angry. While the jeep I was driving suffered some minor cosmetic damage (cracked taillights, small dent in the bumper), her trunk is caved in, and her bumper has a huge dent.

The cop ends up not citing anyone. He says we are both equally at fault and gives us the number for the accident report. She asks,” Who is going to pay for this?” like I am supposed to write her a check right there. He tells her to send it to her insurance company. After he leaves, I go back in the house. The girl stands by her car in the parking lot and stares angrily at the house for about 10 minutes, then leaves.

She’s probably going to get screwed hardcore by her insurance company since I didn’t get cited, but I don’t feel bad because she totally tried to fuck me over.

Now every time I go to work, I see her car parked over there. I’m just waiting for the day that I leave work and find my car vandalized in some way. Ah well. C’est la vie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are nasty, aren't they? Plus they tend not to look where they're going.

Hey kickarse squirrel clip, btw. They say Australia has some dangerous animals, but I know better now.

10/08/2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Hell hath no fury like an angry squirrel!

10/08/2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com