Peoples Republic of Julia

Monday, October 30, 2006

Of Pumpkins and Pirates

Friday night found me purchasing a do rag for the very first time at Walmart. It was aptly named "Tru Rap". I had to laugh when the cashier rang it up with an inquistive eyebrow. "It's for my Halloween costume" I explained. Ironically enough, I didn't even end up wearing it. Do rag anyone? ;)

Winter and I dressed up as pirate babes and headed out to a local bar to check out the costumes people were wearing. While a few were original, most of them were repeats of the same outfit just in different colors. Sexy nurse, sexy bee, sexy carpenter, sexy cop....blah blah blah. One of my ideas had been to be a ninja. But I figured it would be pretty dangerous to be walking around in all black after a long night of drinking.

Here's a picture of Winter and I in our kickass costumes:



Tonight Eddie and I spent the evening carving pumpkins while watching the remake of Planet of the Apes:





Hooray for Halloween!

5 Comments:

Blogger Winter said...

Sweet Pumpkins!
I forgot to get one, dammit. I'm totally going to try and grab one tomorrow on my way home.

10/30/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Oh hey! I was just looking at a preview of my blog, and I was like wow! there's a comment already! Yeah, the pumpkins are pretty kickass! I put a picture of mine on my cellphone as a wallpaper.

Can't wait until tommorrow!! =)

10/30/2006 11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) what the hell is a 'do rag'?

2) pirates and ninjas are mortal enemies. When they meet, limbs are always lost. Ergo it's a good idea you both went as pirates.

11/01/2006 3:43 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Mark: Here's wikipedia's definition of what a do rag is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do-rag

And here's a picture:

www.keystonecountrystore.com/.../21671.jpg

Basically it's a bandanna that's sewn in the shape of a head with ties in the back so that you can just tie it around you head. Also sometimes known as a skull cap.

So if I'd dressed as a ninja pirate, would I find myself hacking my own limbs off with disgust?

11/01/2006 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I see.

Re: pirates who are also ninjas. The only historical example of ninja pirates is the Tsang Brotherhood in The Phantom. Evidence would suggest they take their identity-crisis frustrations out on other people.

11/02/2006 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com