Peoples Republic of Julia

Friday, September 08, 2006

Douche Burritos

The other day I was on my way to work when “Blinded by the Light” came on the radio. It’s a song that always makes me smile when I hear it because I think it’s funny. But every time I hear it/try to sing along to it (alone of course), I find myself wondering what the lyrics to the chorus are. It sounds like he’s saying “Wrapped up like a douche…another runner in the night.”

I discussed this with a few of my friends, and they too were unsure of what the lyrics were. Everyone I asked said that they thought the same thing. It seems like the more you strain to listen to it, the more it sounds like douche. And while this would be extremely entertaining, it’s highly unlikely. It then developed into a game of finding other words that rhyme with douche that it could possibly be. After much speculation, I finally laid the mystery to rest and looked on the internet. So without further ado here are said mysterious lyrics:

Artist: Manfred Mann's Earth Band
Song: Blinded By the Light

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night
Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night
Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night
Madman drummers bummers,
Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat
In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat
With a boulder on my shoulder, feelin' kinda older,
I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin, the calliope crashed to the ground
The calliope crashed to the ground
But she was...Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, runner in the night
Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night
Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night
Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night ...

I'll spare you the rest, you get the idea.

So there it is.

I think I liked it better when I thought it said douche.

3 Comments:

Blogger lucy said...

Deuce, really?

How lame, I'm going to go with your douche lyrics instead.

9/12/2006 5:13 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

I know! Who talks like that?

If someone came up to me and said something like that, I'd feel compelled to punch them in the face.

And also, I find the word douche highly entertaining because I'm immature and it makes me laugh.

9/12/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

I am laughing at these comments, and I'm sitting in the computer lab in the library. People giggling here is always kind of weird.

P.S. For more giggles: Col. Eggroll, click on 'mass genocide' in your intrests section and read the other profiles that come up.

9/12/2006 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com