Peoples Republic of Julia

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I'm doing the happy dance.


Today was my last day working at a crap job that I’ve wanted to leave for an extremely long time. While I very much enjoyed some of my coworkers and will miss them, the work was generally thankless, and I often found myself surrounded by ineptitude.

As I was lying in bed this morning, it actually crossed my mind to not even show up at all. I had it all planned out. I’d just sleep in, and not answer the phone. What would they have done about it? But as much as I wanted to, I couldn’t bring myself to do so. So I did the responsible thing and reported for duty one last time. I was rewarded with cake and hugs, so I guess it was worth it. It also presented the opportunity to be mean to whomever I chose, and not do things simply because I didn’t want to.

Right. Who am I kidding? I didn’t make any fuss at all. In fact, while normally I would relish being mean to customers, I was actually quite nice because I kept thinking I will never have to do this again.” (So I would hope!)

So needless to say, I am very happy right now. And yes, I did in fact do a happy dance several times today. Won’t you join me?

3 Comments:

Blogger lucy said...

Congratulations. I should be at that point with my job in another 4 weeks so I'm living vicariously through you.

9/01/2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Thanks Lucy! Good luck with you're new job and hopefully you'll get to leave the old one soon!

9/01/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

While I am ecstatic that you have landed a sweet job with sweet pay. I am seriously going to miss having you around at said crap, thankless job. That's one less ally in my war against stupidity.

9/01/2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com