Peoples Republic of Julia

Monday, June 01, 2009

In summary....

My last 3-4 weeks:

1)My mom's fiance fell and hit his head in their basement, resulting in him being life flighted to St. V's for bleeding in his brain. After a scan, the doctor also discovered aneurysms in his carotid artery on the right and left sides of his brain. So the wedding is postponed, there's going to be a major and highly dangerous surgery, and my mom's a basketcase.
2)One of our clients died unexpectedly.
3)My boss resigned, and there's absolutely no transition plan despite the fact everyone in upper management has known it was coming for months now. Result? A complete clusterfuck situation at work.
4)I went on vacation. Strange meats and copious amounts of booze were consumed, I finally got to go to an Ikea, and experienced all the charms of southern hospitality and culture, North Carolina style.

I had planned on writing a much longer post, but a few days went by and I lost my fervor. So here's some pictures instead:

Bubba's-The epitome of fine Carolinian dining!


Riding the pig at Bubba's!



















We also ate at cookout where you can have a hamburger, shake, corndog, and bacon wrap all as one meal:



It's in biblebelt land, but the views were breathtaking.


Speaking of being in the BibleBelt, here's a great sign:

















The End!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

O gee I want one of those cookout trays so bad. That sort of food will give you arteries of STEEL!

6/11/2009 5:31 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

It is deelicious! It will certainly make a man out of your arteries! LoL!

6/16/2009 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com