Peoples Republic of Julia

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Don't mind me, I'm in the middle of a soliloquy

Ever feel like you are on the cusp of something amazing, and all you have to do is jump? Plunging blindly into something that is unfamiliar, scary, and exciting all at the same time?

I'm having one of those moments.

I know that I need to leave this town, but it's daunting to say the least. There are so many variables and I have to fight the urge to be a complete control freak about every little detail. In my desire to get all my ducks in a row, I've passed up opportunities in the past, and I am trying to keep my fears in check and just go with the flow.

It's kind of exhilarating. An adventure!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, big changes! Are you moving for work-related reasons, or are you just tired of being in a small town?

Oh, and I always get control-freaky about moving as well. The variables are numerous in the extreme. But things always turn out ok, so don't worry too much. At any rate, you'll have Eddy to take care of half of the work.

6/04/2008 3:34 AM  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i think the operative word is "know"

if you know that you have to leave, what's holding you back.

on the other hand if you "think" that you have to leave.....

6/04/2008 11:27 AM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Mark-While I really enjoy the benefits of small town living, I've begun to find that as far as career opportunities go Bg has very little to offer unless you are a college professor or want to work in a factory.

I do really enjoy the work that I do, but you have to wait forever to move up at all, and even when the openings arise it tends to be political and more about who you know as opposed to being the most qualified applicant. So it seems that it is time to move on.

Billy-To be honest, fear is what has held me back. But I finally feel ready to take the plunge and embrace it.

6/06/2008 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it sounds like time for a change. You should 'flee to The Cleve' like on that episode of 30 Rock. "New York and Paris just don't have / the sights you can see on Euclid Ave"

6/07/2008 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com