Peoples Republic of Julia

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

F is for freinds who do stuff together....U is for you and meeeee! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!

Sorry, I started doing this list and it made me think of the spongebob f-u-n song.

Anyways, here's 10 things I like and 10 things I don't brought to you by the letter "f" the number 10, and the word Firkin!

1) Firmament-I love stargazing and anything to do with astrology. I don’t take horoscopes seriously, but I love reading literature about the zodiac. For fun I sometimes like to guess people’s signs by their personality and see if I’m right.

2) Fairytales-What can I say? I’m a sucker for the sentimental. I guess I just think it’s romantic.

3) Ferrets-Aww! I love my little guy. How can you resist that face?




4) Films-Absolutely love, love, love watching movies. I especially adore indie, foreign, and (good) anime films. I have an ongoing list of must see movies (there are a lot of older ones I haven’t seen), that my friends and I have compiled and I am slowly working my way through it. Right now I am trying to work on watching some older cult classics such as Plan 9 from Outer Space, Beastmaster, and Mommy Dearest. If anyone has any suggestions for additions to the movie list, let me know!

5) Fiction-I like to read. If I’m not watching a movie, I’m probably reading something. I also mourn the death of good children’s books. Remember The Giving Tree, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, and Where the Wild Things Are? They don’t write books like that anymore.

6) Fauna-Our furry jungle friends bring me much joy. (With the exception of possums and turkey vultures). I also love me some Jeff Corwin. He’s my hero and a cutie to boot!

7) Funnies-Laughing is fun.

8) Fine Arts-Art is something that I've always enjoyed. Photography, drawing, painting, jewelry making, I love it all! Glassblowing is my absolute favorite. I haven't gotten to do any for a couple of years since I stopped taking classes, and man do I miss it! =(

9) Fibonacci Sequence-Numbers are cool?

10) Freedom-Because freedom isn’t free. It costs a buck o five.





Okay, I know those last one’s were pushing it, but this is difficult!





1) Four Way Stops-Why is this hard? You stop at the sign, and then you go in exactly the same order that you stopped in. It’s not rocket science.

2) Fecal Matter-I’ve had to deal with something poop related at least once a week at work for months now.

3) Fashion Fads/Fashion Whores-People that wear ramone’s t-shirts (or any band for that matter) because they’re trendy, not because they love the music need to just fuck off. Same goes for anyone that wears an entire ensemble comprised of nothing but fads.

4) Free Loaders-Nothing is more infuriating than a person that would rather milk the system than put in an honest days work.

5) Fakeness-Say what you will, but we all know that's a fake tan and fake tits. Especially when you're orange, and each breast can act as a seperate flotation device. People that are nice to your face and stab you in the back suck too!

6) Farewells-"I'll see you in another life...when we are both cats"

7) Fools-Those who do stupid things just to do them, or just for the attention get on my nerves. Enrich your minds, asshats!

8) Flies-Seems like they always find you when you are trying to sleep. Horseflies are the worst!

9) Faceplant-I am constantly running into things. So clumsy.

10) Fuel-Let's move along on the alternative fuel sources already! It's ridiculous how long it's taken for us to get to the point we are now. The sooner we become independent from foreign oil, the sooner we can end this pointless war.



Whew! Finally done! I've been compiling this list for days. Kind of sad really. Thanks to MissE and Winter for providing the idea and the letter! =)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

I think you put the ferret in the wrong list. :P

4/28/2007 2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glassblowing is an awesome skill and a rare one. I'm definitely in favour of it.

btw, I got an email from Becky saying I can crash at your places if I need to - thanks, that's really awesome. Looking forward to meeting you guys :)

4/28/2007 6:43 AM  
Blogger lucy said...

Right, the fashion whore thing really, really makes me angry.

Case in point - last week I saw a girl wearing an awesome Blondie t-shirt. Because I am nosy and wanted one I asked her where she bought it.

She replied Supre (fashion store for tween whores), and when I made a comment about their music she replied," Oh, are they a band? I just liked the t-shirt."

And at that moment a rock fairy just died.

4/28/2007 8:09 AM  
Blogger Winter said...

I totally agree about alternative fuel sources. When are people going to stop being weenies about that?

And glass blowing is so sweet. It would be awesome if you could find some way of doing it again.

4/28/2007 2:46 PM  
Blogger colonel eggroll said...

Ahhh! stupid blogger lost my comments!

Steph-I didn't use to like rodents until I started working with them at nature's nursery. Now I think they are adorable! They actually have a lot of personality. I can understand why you don't care for them considering the experiences you've had!

Mark-No problem. I am super stoked about october, we are going to have a blast! =D

Lucy-It does seem that tweens are most often the perpetrators. grrr!

Once when I was watching fuse (the canadian version of mtv, but with actual music videos) they were having a contest to find a new vj. One of the contestants was wearing a ramones shirt. When the interviewer asked her about it, she said she "loved" their music. He then started asking her all sorts of questions about them like how many original bandmembers there were and their names, and she looked like a deer caught in headlights. An evil part of me enjoyed watching him call her on it.

Winter-It's so frustrating because we could've had the technology available years ago, but big energy wouldn't allow it. Bastards.

I would love to blow glass again, I miss it terribly. I've been meaning to go to visit the lab on campus, just haven't gotten around to it. They also have a glass studio at the new glass pavilion they just built for the art museum, so might check into that as well.

4/29/2007 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com